The Research Cores Seminar Series held via Zoom highlights key services that our cutting-edge core facilities offer to assist with the critical advances in biomedical research. This series is geared towards research investigators, postdocs and students who are interested to see how services provided by the WCM Institutional Cores can play a major role in their biomedical research.
Ava-Seq, a Method for Protein-Protein Interaction Mapping in the WCM-Qatar Genomics Core
WCM-Qatar Genomics Core
Dr. Joel Malek, Ph.D.
Director, Genomics Core at WCM-Q
Dr. Stephanie Ramadan, Ph.D.
Tuesday, December 12th, 2023
9:30 – 10:30 AM EST
5:30 - 6:30 PM AST
Please be sure to log into zoom via SSO
This session will focus on the WCM-Qatar Genomics Core's method for mapping protein-protein interactions using next-generation sequencing technologies like Illumina and Oxford Nanopore. This approach allows for detailed analysis at both the protein domain level and broader studies involving hundreds of proteins. The session will cover case studies in cancer pathway analysis, the impact of SNPs on protein interactions, and target discovery in infectious diseases, highlighting the system's broad application in biomedical research. Additionally, information will be provided on how researchers can access this technology through collaboration or as a service.
You may view past Seminars by clicking on the links below. Users will be prompted to log in with their WCM credentials to view the recordings.
- 1/9/23: Interpreting your Data to New Biological Understanding
- 1/23/23: Discovery of COVID-associated proteins in a joint WCM-NY and Qatar collaboration using the OLINK platform
- 2/14/23: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), An Essential Method For Chemical and Structural Analysis
- 2/23/23: LC-MS Based Metabolomics Profiling and Its Applications in Biomedical Research
- 3/14/23: Automated Imaging in Multi-Well Plates Using the ImageXpress Micro Confocal High-Content Imaging System
- 3/23/23: Drug Discovery using High Throughput Mass Spectrometry and Surface Plasmon Resonance
- 4/6/23: Spatial Gene Expression for FFPE and Fresh Frozen Tissues
- 9/20/23: Decoding the Future: Advances in Long Read Sequencing
- 10/24/23 High-resolution Epigenomic Analysis of Transcription Initiation
- 11/14/23 Molecular Landscapes_ Delving Deep with Cryo-EM
- 11/28/23 Proteomics & Metabolomics_ Unraveling Alzheimer’s Disease Pathophysiology Mechanisms
- 10/22/22: Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Services
- 10/31/22: Utilize Cell Sorting with the FACSAria II
- 11/15/22: Using Glacios 200kV Electron Microscope to screen Cryo-EM samples
- 11/30/22: Comprehensive Metabolic Phenotyping of Your Mouse Model and Cellular System
- 12/13/22: Single-cell Sequencing Technology, an Innovative Tool for Biology and Medicine