The Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) Institutional Review Board (IRB) will be responsible for reviewing all IRB protocols involving recruitment of subjects and study interventions occurring at WCM-Q. The following conditions apply to those protocols that are conducted in collaboration between WCM-NYC and WCM-Q:
- A collaborative review will be conducted for protocols in which the subjects (or in case of study of existing materials) are in Qatar and include investigators at WCM-NYC. The collaborative review process will be as follows:
- Investigators will submit the protocol for review via the WCM-Q IRB on-line system.
- Once a protocol has been reviewed and approved by the WCM-Q IRB, this IRB will be the designated IRB, and all subsequent submissions, reviews and approvals for that protocol will be done through the WCM-Q IRB.
- Members of the WCM-NYC IRB will also be designated as members of the WCM-Q IRB and will be assigned as reviewers on the protocol.
- Consents should be translated into Arabic, Hindi, or the appropriate language for the subject cohort to be recruited.
- Final approval authority will remain with WCM-Q IRB.
- Both campuses are required to comply with the terms of the FederalWide Assurance filed with Office of Human Research Protections.
- Either campus may limit its participation in a given research protocol based on the local cultural and political context.
- WCM-NYC IRB will review those protocols in which the subjects (or in case of study of existing materials) are not in Qatar. The WCM-NYC IRB submission and review process will be followed. Once a protocol has been reviewed and approved by the WCM-NYC IRB, this IRB will be the designated IRB and all subsequent submissions, reviews and approvals for that protocol will be done through the WCM-NYC IRB.
- WCM-Q IRB and WCM-NYC IRB will both review those protocols in which subjects (or in case of study of existing materials, the materials) are in Qatar AND elsewhere through their respective submission and review processes.
- Current approved WCM IRB protocols that recruit subjects in Qatar will submit their next and subsequent continuing reviews through the WCM-Q IRB.
WCM-Q IRB Office Contacts
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding submitting protocols to the WCM-Q IRB of record, or visit the WCM-Q Human Research Protection Program website.