The Office of Research Integrity is committed to the implementation of policies and procedures that proiritize and ensure the safety of human subjects engaged in research at our Institution. As part of this commitment, the Office of Human Research Compliance has been tasked with the restructuring and reorganization of the Institutional Review Board to improve the necessary processes undertaken to ensure the strictest adherance to all applicable federal, local, and institutional regulatory policies and guidelines for human subjects research.
What are the goals of this transformation?
- Increase IRB responsiveness/review timelines
- Improve the consistency and efficiency of full board and expedited review processes
- Improve communications between the IRB and research community, focusing on transparency and availability
What are the guiding principles underlying these efforts?
- Efficiency: Working toward minimizing response times and improved processes
- Compliance: Developing efficient and effective institutional policies and procedures in line with federal and local regulatory requirements
- Service Excellence: All changes are developed with an eye on providing the highest level of customer service to the research community
- Data Access: Creating a metrics-driven culture within our team
How will we meet these goals?
|Clear the IRB backlog of 700+ submissions||COMPLETED|
Develop and maintain the IRB+ Learning System, an internal assessment program that focuses on two things:
Increase staffing on the IRB Operations team to diffuse analyst burdens
|Create the Human Research Protections Operations (HRPO) team, charged with creating and implementing the necessary workflow and procedures for IRB improvements||Completed|