Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) is one of the world's premier research institutions. The ORC is dedicated to ensuring that the WCM faculty and staff understand their responsibilities in conducting research activities according to compliance laws and regulations. In order to guarantee that we meet regulatory requirements, we are actively engaged in the development of a cooperative research compliance culture. Our cooperative compliance culture embraces the diversity of institutional interests and provides a balanced approach to regulatory initiatives buttressed by the leadership of WCM faculty and staff. The ORC is committed to the following:
- Fostering a vested interest in compliance throughout the Medical College by proactively involving faculty and staff in the cradle to the grave compliance processes, not simply reacting to the compliance issues of the moment.
- Providing oversight and leadership for delivering education and training tools that will enhance our compliance capabilities.
- Developing enhanced policies and procedures that will enable us to respond effectively to incidents of non-compliance.
- Providing oversight and leadership for the overall research compliance functions at WCM.
- Providing the oversight and leadership for reviewing and interpreting federal, state, foreign laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies regarding research compliance.
- Serving as the authorized institutional representative and liaison with government agencies and private entities regarding research compliance issues.
- Enhancing our relationships with other research institutions and organizations that have vested interests in research compliance initiatives.