E2RA stands for Education & Excellence for Research Administrators.
E2RA is the first educational program in Research Administration launched at Weill Cornell Medicine in the Spring 2016. The E2RA course is a fantastic opportunity for professional development in Research Administration at WCM. The E2RA course covers essential aspects of research administration related to Pre-Award & Compliance and Post Award, as well an overview of Human Subjects Research at WCM.
The E2RA course supports grants administrators and research managers who work in Pre-Award and/or Post Award administration at WCM and who want to broaden and deepen their knowledge and their portfolio of skills in these areas.
Join the E2RA course to gain a good understanding of the bigger picture of the research administration at WCM, to get new tools and develop new skills to work efficiently and with accountability, to get better at anticipating the next steps of administrative process and ultimately support your PIs in their research at your best.
- Provide a comprehensive presentation of essential responsibilities related to grants that fall under research administrators’ preview, from pre-award to post award.
- Offer a robust understanding of how administrative responsibilities should be handled at WCM and a hands-on practice of real cases situations.
- Support research administrators to acquire the knowledge and the skills they need to excel in their responsibilities.
- Contribute to increase autonomy and confidence of research administrators at work.
- Be a learning platform for excellence among research administrators, who ultimately provide a better support to their PIs.
- Be a unique opportunity for professional development for both new and seasoned research administrators who want to expand their responsibilities to an additional field of research administration.
- Reward participants' efforts to learn more about grants administration and to get new skills by providing them with the E2RA Certificate of Graduation (under certain conditions) during the E2RA Graduation Ceremony.
Basic E2RA course and Advanced E2RA Course!
The E2RA course comes now in two great options: the Basic E2RA course (35h) and the Advanced E2RA course (50h).
- If you want to get a general overview grants administration from cradle to grave, + know all about research sponsors, grants application process, compliance, and post award management of awards + so much more, then the Basic E2RA course is your go-to option.
- If you want to get the general overview of teh E2RA Basic + dive deep into complex budgets, IACUC animal use protocol approval process, IRB human sprotocol approval process, calculations for Change of Funding or management of PI's WBS accounts, then the Advanced E2RA course is for you. The E2RA Advanced Course includes all the E2RA Basic course sessions + additional Advanced E2RA sessions.
- The Basic E2RA runs every Tuesday or Wednesday and the Advanced E2RA course includes all Tuesday/Wednesday sessions from the Basic E2RA Course + all Advanced Thursdays/Fridays sessions.
E2RA Curriculum: what are the topics covered during the course?
The E2RA course is articulated around a Pre-Award & Compliance module and a Post-Award module. Participants can choose to participate to both modules (either Basic or Advanced), only to the Pre-Award & Compliance module (either Basic or Advanced) or only to the Post Award module (either Basic or Advanced).
But In order to get the E2RA certificate, both the Pre-Award & Compliance module and a Post-Award module must be taken AND a minimum of 75/100 must be obtained at each individual evaluation ( One evaluation at the end of teh Pre-award & Compliance Module, and one at the end of the post award module). See below the current E2RA curriculum.
E2RA Spring 2019 course will start in March 2019- don't miss it !
The E2RA Winter 2019 course will start on 03/12/19 and will run until the end of June. Look at the E2RA Spring 2019 tentative schedule here: E2RA_Spring_2019-_Pending_Schedule-_as_of_012519.pdf
>> Should you have any questions, don't hesitate and email the ETRA Education Manager, Helene Brazier-Mitouart at email@example.com.