The Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar (WCMC-Q) Institutional Review Board (IRB) will be responsible for reviewing all IRB protocols involving recruitment of subjects and study interventions occurring at WCMC-Q. The following conditions apply to those protocols that are conducted in collaboration between WCMC-NYC and WCMC-Q:
- A collaborative review will be conducted for protocols in which the subjects (or in case of study of existing materials) are in Qatar and include investigators at WCMC-NYC. The collaborative review process will be as follows:
- Investigators will submit the protocol for review via the WCMC-Q IRB on-line system.
- Once a protocol has been reviewed and approved by the WCMC-Q IRB, this IRB will be the designated IRB, and all subsequent submissions, reviews and approvals for that protocol will be done through the WCMC-Q IRB.
- Members of the WCMC-NYC IRB will also be designated as members of the WCMC-Q IRB and will be assigned as reviewers on the protocol.
- Consents should be translated into Arabic, Hindi, or the appropriate language for the subject cohort to be recruited.
- Final approval authority will remain with WCMC-Q IRB.
- Both campuses are required to comply with the terms of the FederalWide Assurance filed with Office of Human Research Protections.
- Either campus may limit its participation in a given research protocol based on the local cultural and political context.
- WCMC-NYC IRB will review those protocols in which the subjects (or in case of study of existing materials) are not in Qatar. The WCMC-NYC IRB submission and review process will be followed. Once a protocol has been reviewed and approved by the WCMC-NYC IRB, this IRB will be the designated IRB and all subsequent submissions, reviews and approvals for that protocol will be done through the WCMC-NYC IRB.
- WCMC-Q IRB and WCMC IRB will both review those protocols in which subjects (or in case of study of existing materials, the materials) are in Qatar AND elsewhere through their respective submission and review processes.
- Current approved WCMC IRB protocols that recruit subjects in Qatar will submit their next and subsequent continuing reviews through the WCMC-Q IRB.
Please contact email@example.com for information regarding submitting protocols to the WCMC-Q IRB of record.
|Links & Downloads|
|WCMC-Q IRB Submission Deadline & Meeting Schedule 2014|
|WCMC & WCMC-Q IRB Authorization Agreement|
|WCMC-Q Office of Research Integrity||Webpage|